|Version 2 (modified by trac, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Trac supports a convenient way to refer to resources of other Trac servers, from within the Wiki markup, since version 0.10.
List of Active InterTrac Prefixes
|trac||The Trac Project|
Simply use the name of the other Trac environment as a prefix, followed by a colon, ending with the resource located in the other environment.
The other resource is specified using a regular TracLinks, of any flavor.
That target environment name is either the real name of the environment, or an alias for it. The aliases are defined in trac.ini (see below). The prefix is case insensitive.
For convenience, there's also some alternative short-hand form, where one can use an alias as an immediate prefix for the identifier of a ticket, changeset or report: (e.g. #T234, [T1508], [trac 1508], ...)
... [intertrac] # -- Example of setting up an alias: t = trac # -- Link to an external Trac: trac.title = Edgewall's Trac for Trac trac.url = http://trac.edgewall.org
The .url is mandatory and is used for locating the other Trac. This can be a relative URL in case that Trac environment is located on the same server.
The .title information will be used for providing an useful tooltip when moving the cursor over an InterTrac links.
Finally, the .compat option can be used to activate or disable a compatibility mode:
- If the targeted Trac is running a version below milestone:0.10 (r3526 to be precise), then it doesn't know how to dispatch an InterTrac link, and it's up to the local Trac to prepare the correct link. Not all links will work that way, but the most common do. This is called the compatibility mode, and is true by default.
- If you know that the remote Trac knows how to dispatch InterTrac links, you can explicitly disable this compatibility mode and then any TracLinks can become an InterTrac link.
Now, given the above configuration, one could create the following links:
- to this InterTrac page:
- trac:wiki:InterTrac trac:wiki:InterTrac
- t:wiki:InterTrac t:wiki:InterTrac
- Keys are case insensitive: T:wiki:InterTrac T:wiki:InterTrac
- to the ticket #234:
- to the changeset :
- trac:changeset:1912 trac:changeset:1912
- [T1912] [T1912]
- to the log range [3300:3330]: (Note: the following ones need trac.compat=false)
- finally, to link to the start page of a remote trac, simply use its prefix followed by ':', inside an explicit link. Example: [th: Trac Hacks] (since 0.11; note that the remote Trac has to run 0.11 for this to work)
The generic form intertrac_prefix:module:id is translated to the corresponding URL <remote>/module/id, shorthand links are specific to some modules (e.g. #T234 is processed by the ticket module) and for the rest (intertrac_prefix:something), we rely on the TracSearch#quickjump facility of the remote Trac.