segfaults with xcache.readonly_protection = Off under heavy load
|Reported by:||boxdev||Owned by:||moo|
We downloaded xcache-3.0-r1369.tar.bz2 and installed it on our test servers. When we run around 150 concurrent processes, we observe segfaults being generated on our test servers.
I have attached some stack traces. We would appreciate your feedback on what other data we can gather.
Version of XCache: php-xcache-3.0.4-5.4_box1.el6.x86_64
Version of PHP: php-5.4.19-1.el6.x86_64
Version of Apache: httpd-2.2.15-28.sl6.x86_64
OS: Scientific Linux 6
Output of 'uname -a': Linux pod4201-upload01.pod.box.net 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Sat Dec 10 17:04:11 CST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Frequency of occurrence: Normally very low. But much more frequent when our test-driver uses around 150 concurrent processes or more.
xcache.readonly_protection = Off
This is very similar behavior to XCache 3.0.3.
Change History (27)
Changed 16 months ago by boxdev
Changed 15 months ago by boxdev
comment:12 Changed 15 months ago by moo
- Milestone changed from undecided to 3.0.4
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Version set to 3.0.3
comment:15 Changed 15 months ago by moo
- Status changed from accepted to started
- Summary changed from segfaults when using XCache 3.0.4 under heavy load to segfaults with xcache.readonly_protection = Off under heavy load
comment:24 Changed 15 months ago by moo
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from started to closed